2012/12/12

Suheily90 talks 12/12/12 and on Stardoll's latest changes


Hello readers, I am Suheily90 and on behalf of my co-writers I'd like to apologize for the lack of posts! We promise more is on the way. Duly note this blog doesn't report daily news but rather discuss Stardoll and it's service as a whole. 

Today is December 12, 2012, and when I log on Stardoll I am consciously ready for what it might generously throw at me, don't ask me why I just had a hunch, and am pleased to see their recent update to the site:

More starpoints and daily earned starcoins for members!

(Picture credit goes to me suheily90)


Paying members now can earn up to 90 sc and 18 sp on a daily basis,
 whereas before we would earn 14 sp and 50 sc daily. 



Non-paying members can earn up to 60 sc now (40 sc before) and 14 sp (12 sp before).

This update is both helpful and gratifying for paying and non paying members alike. 
I seriously felt spoiled for a minute there!

Unfortunately here comes what you've been waiting to hear, yes the bad news:

NO MORE EXCHANGING STARCOINS FOR PAYING MEMBERS!

My initial reaction was to click on the 'Exterminate account' button. Just kidding. But, seriously these schemes and clever ploys to "give us and taketh away", on 12/12/12 of all dates, got tiresome a long time ago. Considering this website targets a demographic from 7 to 17 years old, and all of the money it sucks out of advertising, and their recent brush with being pulled into court by the Swedish gov't, you'd think these people would tone it down a bit. I am not saying these changes hold any relevance to the legal issues Stardoll is having (which I will get into more in depth detail in a later post, promise!) But I am certain these updates are influenced by the third big change that is coming soon: Stardoll Academy perhaps? If your demographic is aimed at children and minors, "Y U NO LOWER YOUR PRICES?!"  If you know about economics, you'd know the higher the demand the higher the prices. So I guess that answers that question, but it doesn't justify how ridiculous this is getting. I wish Stardoll would just get rid of the retched starcoin currency and go back to good old stardolla'. Of course, that won't be happening anytime soon. Stardoll is a business and it will keep doing what it does best; making money off of "children" and the % of adults that use their service. Stardoll hasn't released any statements that I am aware as of yet, so we don't know for sure if this is permanent.

What do you think of this recent update, and of what's more to come? 
Let me know in the comments!

- Suheily90


 P.S. I will be updating the blog with more juicy posts, and cool interviews soon. Stay tuned dollies~

No comments:

Post a Comment